Background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where did you think you'd be in 2 1/2 years?

Over 2 1/2 years ago it was Wedding Eve, Jonathan and I were getting ready for bed as our last night as an engaged couple. I convinced him to let us watch Sex and the City before we went to bed. He dozed through half of it but watched bits and pieces of it. As we watched it I remember the parts about Charlotte being married and adopting and then by the end of the movie she was pregnant and had a baby girl. Jonathan and I ended up discussing what we wanted to happen in our future as a married couple. We talked about how we wanted to eventually have a baby and wanted to be happy and enjoy our lives as parents. It has always been an occasional discussion for us but it being the night before our wedding I was excited. Fast forward to last night Sex and the City came on AFN Movie. I had just put Abigail down for bed and saw it was on so I changed the channel to watch it. When I got to those very parts in the movie where Jonathan and I had our discussions over 2 1/2 years ago it made me look at my life now. I'm extremely happy. I'm married to an amazing man, have a beautiful baby girl, and have the amazing chance to live in Okinawa. 2 1/2 years ago I didn't expect to be where I am now. Its amazing to look back and see how much you've gone through and where you thought your life might end up. I think its safe to say I love my life and love where I've ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment