Background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sitting Waiting Wishing

So I had been dreading the arrival of June and July for a while and now that June has left July is here I'm just wishing the time would fly by. Most of you guys, if not all of you, know that we have been in Okinawa since May of 2010. Since then I have been struggling on and off with homesickness. Well, I knew that these two months were gonna be a hard month to deal with. My baby sister was graduating and was turning 18, many of my friends where going home for visits and I was stuck in Okinawa sitting by my waiting for pictures from a lot of the happenings. I spent days crying and looking at some of the pictures that had been posted on Facebook wishing I could be at home to participate in the Graduation parties and whatnot. As the days passed it got a bit easier until we found out that we had to prepare for Jonathan to be gone for a bit and while he'd be gone I'd have to move myself from our apartment on Kinser to our new house on Kadena. Luckily with the short amount of time I had to move and the last minute notice I had people who helped me move. Now I'm sitting here in my new place and I only have the kitchen unpacked and some laundry washed. I keep reminding myself not to get overwhelmed and Jonathan will be home school. I have to say if it weren't for friends here on island I'd probably go insane. We still have a ways to go til he comes home but we are looking forward to having him home. Poor baby girl is really missing her Daddy. I think she's still expecting him to come home after work. Everyday gets easier which is good but she still has those days where she only wants her Daddy and it kills me. I know she's ready for him to come home. I'm taking it day by day. I'm used to this more than Abs but seeing her having a hard time and seeing her do stuff that Jonathan is missing out on is heartbreaking at times. Again this isn't a permanent thing so he WILL be home and it'll be nice to have him here. I know he misses us and he has two people here in Okinawa that miss him just as much maybe more.

No comments:

Post a Comment